Cope more effectively with mental health issues.
As a Calgary psychologist, I can help you better manage your symptoms and make your life easier.
If you’re having difficulty dealing with a mental health issue, I appreciate that life can be hard. You might be up sometimes and down sometimes. Or, every day may be a challenge.
Your symptoms may prevent you from performing at your full potential.
Your self-esteem may suffer. You may feel flawed or ashamed. You might worry what other people think of you.
Maintaining friendships and other social connections may not be easy.
You may experience difficulty in your intimate relationships.
Perhaps your symptoms interfere with work. It may be hard to stay focused on your job and to complete tasks on time. Maybe work feels impossible and you can’t manage it.
Mental health issues that I provide therapy for include:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Major depressive disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Substance dependence
If you’ve been diagnosed with one of these disorders, you are not alone.
According to the Canadian Mental Health Association, one in five Canadians are living with a mental health problem. By age 40, 50 percent of Canadians will have experienced a mental illness.
The good news is that many mental health issues can be treated. Counselling can help you better manage your symptoms and dramatically improve how you feel.
Therapy can help you to better cope with a mental health issue. You can:
- Better understand your diagnosis.
- Accept and come to terms with your condition.
- Learn strategies to cope more effectively with your symptoms so you can feel more self-confident and perform at your best.
- Change behaviours that can prevent you from moving forward and worsen your condition.
- Build upon your strengths. Perhaps you’re really bright and creative. You don’t have to hold yourself back unnecessarily.
- Surround yourself with people who support you and set appropriate boundaries with those who don’t.
As a psychologist in Calgary, I can help you better manage your mental health issues. Together, we can work to achieve your goals and create the life you want to live.
I can help you feel stronger, more secure, and more confident.
Your life can be better. You don’t have to do this alone.