Navigate career challenges
You can chart a better path forward with the help of a Calgary psychologist.
You’re a highly accomplished professional. You’ve likely achieved a level of success in your career that you’re pleased with.
However, at this point in your life, you’re feeling dissatisfied.
You’re unhappy with your work life.
Your job may not be as meaningful as it once was. You want work you’re passionate about.
It could be that you’re stressed about your workload. Or, maybe your firm’s expectations or style aren’t meeting your needs.
Perhaps you have a conflict with a business partner, boss or colleague that you can’t resolve and you’re feeling frustrated.
You either need to solve your work problems or move on to something new. Something has to give.
Some additional work struggles you may be having:
- You don’t pace yourself very well, so you feel exhausted.
- You struggle to delegate responsibility. You don’t ask others to help you enough.
- You want to take that next step in your career, and yet you’re hesitating. Or, perhaps you haven’t been able to land the position that you want.
- You don’t have a satisfying life outside of work. You want a better work-life balance.
- You feel under-challenged and under-stimulated.
- You’ve been laid off. You feel unsure how to proceed. You weren’t prepared for this.
- You want to make a change, but you feel stuck.
As a psychologist, I can help you navigate the roller coaster ride that can come with career challenges and change.
Getting the right career support can help you make better decisions.
In counselling, we can create a safe and confidential environment where you can envision a stimulating and satisfying career path that is right for you.
Together, we can work to resolve your workplace or career problems. I can help you get clarity and make good decisions so you can achieve your goals.
Benefits of working with me in counselling:
- Get re-focused, become clearer on what you want, and create a plan to achieve your goals.
- Resolve workplace issues or conflicts with others.
- Know what tasks to delegate to others and what to keep for yourself.
- Feel passionate and stimulated about your work.
- Feel more satisfied with where you are and what you’re working to achieve.
- Enjoy a richer personal life outside of work.
As a psychologist who has personally faced career challenges and change, I understand the struggles you’re having.
I’ve worked in demanding settings as either an engineer or as a psychologist for over 30 years. I have been on the executive floor, and have experienced career stress, witnessed job cuts, and seen industries fail.
I also personally know what it takes to step into a new career. How scary and yet how rewarding it can be.
Through counselling, I can help you navigate your way back into the driver’s seat of your career.
If you’re stressed about your job or career and want some help to get to where it is you really want to be, let’s get started.