You’re an Accomplished Professional Who Wants a More Fulfilling and Satisfying Life
Counselling can help you overcome problems in your personal life and at work.
As a psychologist in Calgary, my clients work with me to address concerns in the following areas:
- Anxiety and Stress
- Exhaustion and Burnout
- Relationship Problems
- Distressing Experiences
- Mental Health Issues
- Troubling Behaviours
- Career Challenges
You are a smart, accomplished professional.
Maybe you’re an executive or a partner. You could be a business owner or an entrepreneur. Perhaps you work in oil and gas or in telecommunications. You might be a director or a senior manager. Or, you could be a lawyer, an accountant, an engineer… or an investment banker.
You are successful in many ways due to the high standards you hold for yourself.
Life should feel good… but something is wrong.
The truth is, your life has become difficult.
You may wake-up exhausted and anxious some mornings. You feel you have to be “this strong person,” but you feel stressed, exhausted, or unhappy. You haven’t had fun in a while. The pressure you feel is affecting your relationships at home and at work.
Some problems you might be having:
- Anxiety and stress about your work, home life, or sometimes anything and everything.
- Exhaustion or burnout. Maybe it’s hard to control your irritation or anger, and you find yourself “snapping” at people.
- Not feeling worthy or confident about yourself or your achievements, even though you have accomplished a lot.
- Tension or conflict in your relationship. It’s causing far too much stress.
- Past experiences that are causing problems today.
- Drinking as a way to cope.
- Feeling a general unhappiness with your life, perhaps even depression.
- Dissatisfaction or a desire to change something about your career.
You are frustrated and would like help finding your way through.
You’re frustrated. You’ve tried to improve your life, but you may not be sure what the problem is. Perhaps you know exactly what is causing your stress, but you feel trapped. You’ve come to the conclusion that you need the help of a professional psychologist.
You certainly are not alone.
My Therapy Clients Are Just Like You
Hi, my name is Dr. Patricia Turner, but my clients call me Patti. My counselling practice focuses on helping people who have achieved success in their lives, but that are feeling out of balance.
As a psychologist I help people:
- Feel more in control of their lives
- Have better relationships
- Be more relaxed and at ease
- Feel more satisfied and fulfilled
- Be happier in their work and at home
- Expand their thinking about what is possible
- Feel more confident and secure about their future
You and I will work together to help you address the problem.
Through counselling, you can become more confident and feel happier, more in control, and more fulfilled. I want to help you feel more at peace, sleep better at night, and have more energy.
Therapy can help you handle work better, and improve your relationships with your spouse and family. I can help you set better boundaries, and encourage you to spend your time with people who are supportive and more in-tune with you.
When you work with me you get the benefit of my expertise as a psychologist, and much more.
Before I became a psychologist, I was an engineer and worked on the executive floor in a corporate setting. I understand the pressures and stress of those who work in demanding jobs and set high standards for themselves.
As a therapist, my goal is to provide the highest standard of care.
I go above and beyond what you’d expect from most therapists to help my clients create the lives they want. I’m bright and quick and have a great sense of humour that my clients appreciate.
The majority of my clients find our work together so helpful that they continue to work with me until they are able to successfully manage the issues that brought them in.
Let me help you work through your current problems.
If you identify with any of the issues described on this page, then I’m likely a good fit for you to partner with.