End exhaustion and burnout
As a skilled Calgary psychologist who works with high achievers, I can help you feel less tired and worn out.
Did you wake up one day and realize that you were burned out?
Or, perhaps you feel you’re headed that way.
Maybe it’s difficult to balance your work with your home life.
You dream about the life you want but don’t know how to get there.
You feel stressed and overwhelmed. You don’t know where to begin to make your life better.
Maybe you’ve tried and tried, but you’re so burned out that you can’t think straight let alone find the energy to turn your life around. This is not the way you thought your life would be.
You’re normally a high achiever with a high degree of energy. You may be an idealist or a perfectionist. You feel driven to succeed, and you’re committed to doing everything well.
You’ve focused a lot of time and energy on your external life, but not enough on your emotional and physical needs.
Signs of burnout you may experience:
- You find it hard to concentrate to complete tasks. You’ve lost your focus.
- You feel drained at the thought of yet one more responsibility.
- You feel depressed.
- You’re tired all the time, but can’t get enough sleep.
- You’ve disengaged from friends and family.
- You can’t find enough energy to exercise.
- You feel like you can’t slow down, even though you know you need to.
- You believe there is always more you have to do.
It’s easy to become burned out when you combine the demands of an intense workload with family and other commitments.
Being burned out is like running out of gas in your car.
Except the car is you, and the level of gas in your tank is the amount of energy you have.
When you reach complete burnout, you have only fumes left and no energy reserves to draw from.
You’d like some counselling to help fill your tank.
Therapy can help you overcome exhaustion and burnout. I can help you learn to put the brakes on so you can take better care of yourself and achieve better balance.
Some additional problems might be weighing on you, such as:
- Anxiety and stress
- Relationship problems
- Career challenges
- Distressing experiences
- Mental health issues
- Troubling behaviours
I’m a Calgary psychologist who specializes in providing therapy to people who have demanding jobs.
Hi, my name is Dr. Patricia Turner. As a former engineer and manager in a corporate setting, I understand high performance jobs and how demanding they can be.
I experienced stress at times due to the pressures in my job. I also watched people become burned out on a regular basis.
I have a great deal of experience helping professionals who push themselves until they are exhausted.
Some of the people I help include:
- Executives and partners
- Directors and senior managers
- Business owners and entrepreneurs
- Lawyers and investment bankers
- Accountants and engineers
- Oil and gas professionals
If you’re in a high-performance job, I can help you turn your life around.
The good news is that pacing your activities and not taking on more than you can handle are skills that can be learned. I’ll help you get more of what you want from your life, and I’ll show you how to say no to things you don’t want without feeling guilty.
You can create a healthy balance between your career, family, other competing priorities, and your own self-care.
You can feel excited again when you wake up in the morning. You can feel more fulfilled and connected to others.
You can live your life the way you imagine with a realistic and sustainable work-life balance.
Benefits of counselling:
- Establish reasonable limits at home and at work.
- Wake up feeling refreshed and energized.
- Savour regularly scheduled unstructured downtime.
- Eat well and maintain a healthy exercise routine.
- Enjoy your professional life more. Be productive with less stress.
- Engage more with friends and family.