Manage anxiety and stress
Feel more relaxed and at ease. I’m a Calgary psychologist who can help.
Imagine feeling like you spend every day at the lake house.
It may be hard to believe right now, but it’s possible to experience calmness and tranquility on a daily basis.
Some anxiety and stress are normal, especially when you’re working in a demanding job and have a busy life. But when anxiety and stress become overwhelming and interfere with your life, it’s time to get it under control.
Anxiety and stress can manifest in your mind as:
- Difficulty sleeping.
- Dreading the day ahead when you wake up in the morning.
- Racing thoughts that you can’t stop.
- Constant worry that something bad is about to happen.
- Trouble concentrating.
Anxiety and stress can show up in your body and behaviour as:
- An inability to sit still
- Tension headaches
- Panic attacks — your heart races and you have difficulty breathing
- Chronic pain flare-ups
- Tightness in your neck and shoulders
- Self-medicating using alcohol or drugs
- Irritability or outbursts of anger
Anxiety and stress can be caused by any number of things.
- It could be work, family or relationship problems.
- It may be that you’ve always struggled with worry and fear.
Whatever the cause, you’ve decided that now is the time to get help.
You may experience additional problems that make your worries worse, such as:
- Exhaustion and burnout
- Relationship problems
- Career challenges
- Distressing experiences
- Troubling behaviours
- Mental health issues
On-going anxiety and stress can wear you down.
If you don’t find a way to manage it, anxiety can zap your energy to the point of complete exhaustion.
It may be hard to ask for help, but you can’t continue the way you have been.
When you’ve tried to get things together and have not been successful, getting support from a psychologist may be the answer to your problems.
I, too, have worked in high stress jobs so I understand how challenging it can be to balance demanding work, a family, and the rest of your life. I’ve worked as both an engineer and as a psychologist for over 30 years. I’ve held positions in demanding settings, including on the executive floor.
Whatever symptoms of anxiety and stress you have, through counselling, I can help.
Benefits of therapy:
- Sleep peacefully through the night.
- Feel calmer and more relaxed.
- Have greater confidence in your abilities.
- Experience a more positive perspective.
- Enjoy clearer, more focused thinking and improved productivity.
- Have fewer headaches and sick days.
- Engage in better social and intimate relationships.
In counselling, I can help you better manage your anxiety.
I can teach you tools to help improve your perspective and reactions.
We’ll work together to calm your mind and develop strategies to reduce or eliminate your concerns, worries and fears.
You can feel more confident and live your life with greater ease.
Your work life can be better.
Your home life can be better.
Imagine what it would be like to sleep well every night.
Imagine what it would be like to feel more relaxed.
Imagine what it would be like to feel optimistic about your future.
If you have recognized yourself on this page and want to better manage your anxiety and stress, I may be the therapist you’re looking for.